Following Jason Meisner’s Twitter highlight reel of testimony in former “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett’s trial for allegedly scripting a phony hate crime against himself was a delight Thursday.
Here’s a taste of Meisner’s transcription of Smollett attorney Shay Allen grilling star witness Abel Osundairo:
Allen: Jussie asked you to beat him up. Did you think that was strange?
Osundairo: I thought it was very strange
Allen: Did you say, “Hey man, that’s strange!”
Allen: Do you think it’s a crime to punch someone in the face?
Osundairo: Not if they ask you to and you’re acting.
- Will County prosecutors charged a former Cook County sheriff’s police officer with trafficking cocaine from Mexico into Illinois. (Patch)
- Don’t eat the Al Kanater brand tahini! International Golden Foods has “voluntarily” recalled the brand due to a potential salmonella contamination. (Patch)
- Why did City Hall drop its lawsuit that aimed to prevent Chicago police union boss John Catanzara from urging rank-and-file cops to defy the city’s vaccine mandate for all employees? “The past few weeks have shown what I have said from the beginning to be true: that our brave police officers are smarter than their FOP leadership,” Mayor Lori Lightfoot says. The police union respond with a Facebook post that included a vintage picture of a Chicago cop giving a middle-finger salute. (Patch)
- Chicago’s Christkindlmarket bested Koziar’s Christmas Village in Bernville, Pennsylvania to earn the No. 1 spot on Best Travel 7’s list of the top 25 Christmas markets in America. It must be the souvenir mug! (NBC5)
Today’s Chicago Daily is brought to you in part by our friends at Verizon. They’re building the fastest 5G network in the country. To learn how 5G is going to change life for you and your community — and to get access to this amazing technology — click here. And thank you Verizon for sponsoring this community resource in Chicago!
For A Good Time, Click:
- Misterwives w/ Frances Forever at Thalia Hall (8 p.m.)
- Full Bush: A Kate Bush Production at Constellation (9 p.m.)
- Islands at Schubas (9:30 p.m.)
- Hard Country Honky Tonk with the Hoyle Brothers at Empty Bottle (5:30 p.m.)
- Lil Jon at TAO Chicago (10 p.m.)
Lil Jon. (Araya Doheny/Getty Images)
Just The Links:
From our sponsors — thanks for supporting local news!
- Free Biz Owners/StartUps/SideGigs – Automate Website to Increase Profits Live Q&A Friday 1 pm (December 3)
- Obstacles and Intimacies: new art from Stephanie Brooks (December 3)
- First Saturday Evanston Art Events (December 4)
- FREE Use of Force Law Review for Home Protection Gun Owners -CCL Holders (December 4)
- Evanston Made Birthday Bash (December 4)
- Menorah Lighting with NEWCITY and Chabad Lincoln Park (December 5)
- Year End & Divorce: Legal, Financial & Emotional – Chicago ~ No-Cost Event (December 7)
- Music Of The Baroque and Christmas Carols (December 11)
- Chicago Artisan Market (Holiday Edition) in Fulton Market – Sun, Dec 12 | 10am-4pm (December 12)
- Taxes In Retirement Webinar (December 14)
- Chicago Scene New Year’s Eve Party at The Drake Hotel (December 31)
- Add your event
Love the Chicago Daily? Tell your pals, and send them this link to subscribe.
‘ Este Articulo puede contener información publicada por terceros, algunos detalles de este articulo fueron extraídos de la siguiente fuente: patch.com ’